View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue Dec 18, 2018 6:07 pm

Reply to topic  [ 1 post ] 
 Amount of Truck Traffic on Hamilton Rd 

Post Amount of Truck Traffic on Hamilton Rd
I think that before more housing is built on Hamilton Rd or that use Hamilton Rd as a main entrance, more roads need to be built with direct access to Tryon or Carowinds Blvd. It is crazy seeing the number of dump trucks run with more than 4 axles down. The signage as you enter back into NC from Altura Rd to Hamilton shows what trucks are allowed. These supersized trucks vibrate my house as well as many of my neighbor's houses when they pass by with speeds in excess of 35 mph. These vibrations crack the drywall and my brick exterior. I love the area but hate all the traffic speeding by my house. I think we need to restrict the truck traffic and post stop signs or calming circles to slow down this traffic. I almost get blown over getting my mail. I do see the Steele Creek Police more often now that I have complained, but the speeding is dangerous on this old narrow road. Stop signs, speed bumps or traffic circles would be a great benefit to us living on Hamilton Rd.

Sat Mar 03, 2018 8:04 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1 post ]