View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 6:18 pm

Reply to topic  [ 2 posts ] 
 ROCK ISLAND / SHOPTON INTERSECTION 

Post ROCK ISLAND / SHOPTON INTERSECTION
I wrote the city to ask if stop lite might be in cards for rock island and shopton and they did send someone out and did write back that they agreed that it was necessary, but said that shopton was state road and she referred issue to state who said they looked at it and said it didn't warrant light (?) but they would do another rotary circle like up the street at shopton and Berewick commons but told the city they didn't have the funding and would "have to wait" I asked the person with the city, who was responsive I might add, what her experience with the timing with the state tended to be with getting something done when state puts it on their "long list" She said don't hold your breath. Shame cause its often impossible to make left out of rock island.

Fri Nov 16, 2018 11:42 am
webmaster

Post Re: ROCK ISLAND / SHOPTON INTERSECTION
NCDOT believes that when 160 is widened, traffic will move there from Shopton Road West. They expect to let the 160 contract in 2021, and it will take 3 years to complete. So don't expect relief until 2024 (if they stay on schedule).

Meanwhile, we'll experience construction on 160 for 3 years.

Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:27 pm
Reply to topic   [ 2 posts ]